"The Packers would love for Clifton to swoop in and save the day. He has missed nine straight games. McCarthy said the team is confident the hamstring he injured at Atlanta on Oct. 9 is healed. The concern is his ailing back.
Clifton's replacement, Newhouse, continues to ride a season's worth of highs and lows. Philbin said Newhouse wasn't fully responsible for the sack and fumble on Rodgers in the first half. Rodgers held onto the ball a tad longer. And as Philbin put, it's not like Chiefs' 275-pound bull rusher, Hali "took Marshall to school every play." Still, Sunday was certainly another step back.
More than anything, coaches just want to field a full, healthy offensive line."
- I think:
- If Bulaga is out it would be really nice if Clifton can play. EDS is the weak link as a starter & gets bull-rushed too much...Dominguez has size advantage & maybe could play LG vice EDS.
- The Packers probably should've helped Newhouse w/ some chip-blocks...
- Ted always drafts OL and will get another guy in 2012 draft...
- The GB def PR is lacking big-time & there's no doubt in my mind Ted's main draft focus needs to be somebody that can get to the QB.
- The Pack misses Nick Collins & so do I...
- They also need Ryan Pickett!
- Cobb has been a great addition...quite a dynamic runner in space. Look fwd to seeing him get more offensive snaps & some looks/touches out of the backfield.
- Would like to see AR call for more moving pocket plays...love him in a roll-out pass option plus he's good going either direction. BL: need to limit the blind-side hits...been too many.